Skip to content
- IIP turned positive again for December after contacting by 1.9 per cent in November.
- IIP is an index that tracks manufacturing activity in different sectors of an economy.
- Manufacturing, Mining and Electricity are the three broad constituents of IIP , with weightage of 77.63% ,14.37% and 7.99% respectively.
- Electricity,crude oil,coal , cement, steel , refinery products, natural gas , and fertilizers are the eight core Industries that comprise about 40% of the weight of items included in IIP.
- IIP data is compiled and published by central statistical organization (under ministry of statistics and programme implementation) monthly.